Airlocks & Aliens
- The Alliance: A loose government comprising approximately 90% of all inhabited systems; it replaced the First Galactic Protectorate.
- Star Corporations: Multi-system commercial enterprises; freelancers’ most common employers.
- Syndicates: Multi-system criminal organizations, aka starcorps without pretense. Sometime employ freelancers
- System Governments: Most star systems are overseen by single governments; there are rarely much similarity between any two of such governments.
- Mercenary Groups: Armies are expensive; licensed mercenary units are much cheaper.
- Organization size ratings:
- AAA: Strong presence in 101+ star systems.
- AA: 11 – 100 systems
- A: 2-10 systems
- B: 1 whole system (typically excludes systems without intrasystem trade or infrastructure)
- C: 1 world
- D: Anything smaller than a worldwide organization